Marketing & Communications Project Manager
The mission of Ms President US (MPU) is to inspire and prepare girls to aim for the highest leadership positions and to know that they can achieve them.
MPU is a non-partisan, non-profit, community-based initiative that focuses on civic engagement and leadership skills for girls entering 4th through 8th grades. Through the program, girls learn about public speaking, diplomacy and listening skills, local/state/federal government, and women’s history while having an opportunity to meet and greet exemplary female leaders. The program goals are to: (1) teach girls the importance of female involvement in public service, the responsibility it entails, and the opportunity it provides; and (2) impart exemplary values in future leaders – values that unite, uplift and inspire regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
MPU was launched in September 2017 and has plans to expand to other locations. As such, the organization is seeking a qualified Project Manager to assist in managing its marketing and social media efforts.
MPU is looking for a Project Manager for five to ten hours a week for the following responsibilities:
- Attend the MPU monthly event to take pictures and notes of session.
- Prepare a summary of the meeting and related press release.
- Maintain press contacts for outreach.
- Send updates to press.
- Create Twitter profile and handle using appropriate imagery and copy
- Research and develop an editorial calendar for social postings
- Learn Hootsuite for scheduling, posting and monitoring
- Craft posts to communicate across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Reporting and analysis
- Review analytics to understand which posts are driving the greatest engagement
- Recommend topics based on results
Communications & Administration
- Assist with program communications, including email responses
- Schedule/manage meetings with prospective partners
- Create PowerPoint presentations (template and most content will be provided)
- Identify grant funding sources and contribute to grant applications
- Other related duties.
- Strong interest in or experience with marketing and communications. Interest in government a plus.
- Attention to detail and numbers
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Solid organizational and communication (both written and oral) skills
Interested candidates should email Liz Osterhus Fleuette at email@example.com. Please visit mspresidentus.org for more detail. Thank you.