Now enrolling to the Wait List. The maximum has been reached, but please complete the form and we will be in touch if there is an opening.
Enrollment Information for Participants:
- Open to all girls in Ridgefield who are entering 4th to 8th grade as of September 2017. See note below for invitation to girls who live outside of Ridgefield.
- Sessions will be held at the Ridgefield Library or the Keeler Tavern Museum from 4:30-6:00pm on one Friday per month, from September through May.
- $250 per participant for the 9-month program ($225 for each additional sibling). Need-based scholarships are available. Space is limited.
- Enroll Here
- Contact MsPresidentUS@gmail.com with any questions.
High School girls interested in being Mentors, please see the GET INVOLVED link.
Monthly leadership sessions, including:
- Civic Leadership / Public Service
- Local, State, and Federal Government
- Women’s History and Leadership
- Public Speaking, Diplomacy & Listening Skills
- Communications & Media
- Meet & Greet Local Leaders
- Visit to the State Capitol
Enrolled girls will have an opportunity to create their own campaign and run for “Ms President US of Ridgefield.” The winner will be invited to accompany Ridgefield First Selectman Rudy Marconi at appearances and speaking engagements throughout the year. Program is eligible for Girl Scouts badge / credit.
Girls who live outside of Ridgefield: We welcome you to join the program! Please just note that only Ridgefield residents can run for the “president” role (the focus of the final session) as the winner of that election will be invited to accompany Ridgefield’s First Selectman at various events in town the following year. Enrolled girls from neighboring towns will be encouraged to support the campaign of one of the girls running for president by serving as campaign manager, communications director, or any other support role. Note that some Ridgefield residents may opt for the campaign support roles themselves, as a matter of preference. So the non-residents will not be the only ones in support roles.
Our goal is to replicate the program in other towns in future years and so we welcome any parents or interested others who want to start their own program locally. The intent of this website is to provide all the needed resources for a local launch, including templates, outlines, steps to get started, etc. These resources will be posted as the program rolls out in the coming year.
Ms President US (MPU) is one of the nonprofit organizations under the Friends of Ridgefield Community Programs umbrella, a 501(c)(3). Program enrollment is not tax-deductible.