2018-2019 Participant Enrollment
To enroll a girl as a participant, complete this 2018-2019 Enrollment Form.
- Open to all girls entering 4th to 8th grade in September.
- Sessions are from 4:15–5:45pm on select Fridays from October to March (1 to 2 sessions per month).
- Locations: Ridgefield Library, Keeler Tavern Museum, Town Hall.
- Total of 7 sessions, 1 Field Trip to CT State Capitol, and 1 Campaign and Election event.
- Enrolled girls will have the opportunity to create their own campaign and run for “Ms President US” of their town. The winner will be invited to appearances throughout the year. Girl Scouts badge eligible.
- $250 per participant ($225 for each additional sibling).
- Need-based scholarships are available. Space is limited.
- For questions or to volunteer, contact: MsPresidentUS@gmail.com
- High School girls serve as Mentors, facilitating each session, and supporting the participants throughout the program. To enroll as a High School Mentor, visit the Mentor Page.
- Civic Leadership / Public Service
- Meet & Greet Local, State, and Federal Leaders
- Women’s History and Leadership
- Public Speaking & Debate
- Communications & Media
- State Capitol Visit
- October 5, 26
- November 16
- December 14
- January 11
- February 1, 22
- March 22 = Weather date
- April 7 = Election
Parent Orientation on Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 from 6-7pm at the Ridgefield Library
Parents, prospective participants (girls), and interested others are invited to attend the Parent Orientation, which will take place from 6 to 7pm on Tuesday August 28th in the Dayton Program Room of The Ridgefield Library (472 Main Street, Ridgefield CT).
The Orientation provides an overview of the program, the role of parents and family, background about the initiative, and an opportunity for questions and answers. Refreshments will be served.
All are welcome, regardless of enrollment status. Girls outside of Ridgefield are encouraged to enroll. Scholarships are available. To attend the Orientation please register here.